With the launch of Apple’s iPad, most of the top companies such as Hewlett-Packard Co. and Google Inc. are in a sudden rush to launch their own tablet devices competent enough to rival or even overpower the iPad.
Some other companies which are working towards entering the same market are Dell with its ‘Streak’, with the Nokia Corp. and the Lenovo Group still working on developing their own tablets.
As mentioned by one analyst, phenomenal marketing needs to be carried out in order to compete with the iPad (launched earlier this month).
While another analyst suggested that the companies competing with the iPad should draw their attention to the solid features.
Some preferable features in a tablet device:
- A smaller format is preferable
- A wide range of connectivity options
- The inclusion of the basic productivity tools, such as the apps for e-mail, word processing and calendar
- Better power efficiency, enabling the storage and playing of media files
- The battery life should be longer in comparison to a laptop
Detailed report can be read by clicking here.